Sunday 24 July 2011

I'm Back!


This is the view I shall be facing for the next few weeks at I sit at my laptop on the kitchen unit at GB’s.  One of the things that delights me most is the fact that I can step outside the front door and sit on the garden seat and hear only the sound of the sea.  No lorries or buses going past, no noise from next door’s doctor’s surgery or nursing home as we have at home; noises which occur at all hours of the day and night.  No constant sound of people drilling, mowing and all the other things that people seem to get up to in Pensby.  On a Sunday afternoon in GB’s garden the loudest thing you can hear, besides the rolling surf, is the beat of  Rock Pigeon’s wings as it comes into land at the bird table.



Looking across to Upper Bayble.


This is the sort of thing that passes the front door!


Though it’s a little bit further away than the lorries that pass the side of our house at home.



Lichens thrive on the unpolluted air.


A baby Whinchat (or Wheatear - GB and I have different views as to what it was) paid a visit.


As did a Skylark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).