Wednesday 3 June 2009

Arthur Pink and a small world

 
A while ago a blogger left a comment asking me if I knew where the grave of the cleric Arthur Pink (1886-1952) was to be found and whether I could take a photo. I went into the library today and a most helpful reference librarian told me straight off that he was buried in Sandwick cemetery but in an unmarked grave. She then went on to tell me a lot about Arthur Pink and it turned out that when he moved to the islands in the 1940s he and his wife Vera lived at no 27 Lewis Street. It is, as they say, a small world. That was the address of my former sister-in-law for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).