Monday 2 June 2008

A Sunset and a Half

Sunday, 1st June 2008
This is Athous haemorrhoidalis, one of the most common click beetles to be found in Britain. Two were on GB’s back patio today.



Tonight I stayed up late (for me) to watch “Wild China” (a brilliant series on BBC2) and as a result I was still up well after the sun had gone down. Which was good because we had the best sunset since I got here.





While the sun had sunk down in the West a strange line - the tail end of a rainbow perhaps but looking vertical - appeared in the East over the mainland. As with many shots of the phenomena in the sky the photos could not do it justice.



Just as I went to bed a vaguely visible vertical line appeared in the West.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).