Tuesday 10 June 2008

Short Summer Nights

Tuesday 10th June 2008
I couldn't sleep at all during the night as a result of which I took photos at 2.30 .m., 3.30 a.m. and 4.30 a.m. Because of the fast exposures needed, ther resulkts are miuch darker than the view seen with the naked eye. The nights are so short up here in the higher latitudes that it is light long after I have gone to bed and at 2.30 I was able to see the headland and a fishing boat that had come right into the Bay and close to the shore of the little beach. At 3.30 it was quite plain to see. By 4.30 the sun was rising and another day began in earnest.

2.30

3.30

4.30



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).