Wednesday 11 June 2008

The Highland Midge

Wednesday 11th June 2008
This first photo is nothing to do with midges. It is simply a case of keeping things in chronological order because this was the sky at 3 a.m. from the kitchen window. I post it merely to show you how light the world is up in these latitudes overnight.



This is to do with midges! It is the sky at breakfast time, Very cloudy. And the weather was also warm, muggy and not too windy. Ideal midge conditions.



In the interests of photography I went out with sleeves rolled up to attract them. After a few dozen had alighted on every part of my head a couple at last landed on my arm.




I couldn't leave Lewis without giving the Midge a Blog Posting all to itself so I have put a full article on The Editorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).